RIBBED WHEEL STITCH
This stitch is also called as a spider wheel stitch since it gives an appearance of a spider web and the ribs of it are raised.
A wonderful and yet a simple stitch which can be worked out very easily
1. Draw an even or odd number of foundation straight stitches as i have shown
2. Bring the needle out at 1 and go down at 2, like wise make other 3 to 4, 5 to 6, 7 to 8.
3. Now bring out the needle at the center of the wheel
4. Go over the stitch 2 keeping the thread always to the left of the needle
5. Now bring the needle under the same stitch and also below the stitch 8 or whip the first stitch as shown
6. Now take the needle under the stitch 8 , go over it and wrap the thread on it and go below it to the next stitch that is stitch 3
7.Having whipped this stitch go down under the next stitch and whip it.
WHIPPING IS WRAPPING THE THREAD ON THE STITCH i.e., GO BELOW A STITCH ,COME UP ON THE SAME STITCH ANS AGAIN GO BELOW IT
this way keep whipping till you complete the imaginary circle
Is it not a very easy stitch to follow??!!
This is a kurti/ tunic i have embroidered for my daughter using this stitch as well as braided chain stitch. I am sure u can find many ways to incorporate this stitch in your clothing
Happy stitching and have fun:-)