Monday, September 22, 2014

Black and White Quilt





 Hi
Back to Blogging in this space after a very long time!!. Quilting had taken a back step when I started baking.How much ever I convinced myself that I had no time for sewing due to the cake orders, I still had this longing to sew a simple clutch or a bag  but never could sit down to sew. I guess I couldn't stop myself from sewing on my dream machine Bernina 580!!

When it was decided that my son had to leave to Germany for pursuing his higher studies, I knew I had to sew a quilt to make him feel cosy:-). He wanted a black and white quilt and on seeing many patterns on the internet I finally decided that this was the perfect one for him.
Tina and I figured out that this in done by strip piecing and then cutting into triangles and thought it was pretty easy since I had sewn a similar one earlier but then my  struggle  with the blocks  started as they were all on bias . Thanks Tina for helping me out with this :-)Finally with the columns sewn in place, I decided to give it a black border  and the final size is 75"*105".
I have used 150 GSM cotton batting and a very soft yellow backing to give that soft comfortable feel and have quilted along the strips.

Am very proud of this quilt.
Later on surfing the internet I came across with this easy tutorial for the same block. Click HERE to see the tutorial
Next time I will use this easy way out for this complicated looking quilt!!
 Feels good to back to sewing and quilting.I must thank my son for prodding me to finish this quilt in a record time:-)Hope he likes it too

This is off to Coburg now!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment